LIQR CANADA INC. TERMS & CONDITIONS
(Effective July 1, 2022)
The Services are not intended for use by anyone under the age of 19. Persons under 19 are not allowed to register with or use the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from or about anyone under the age of 19. If we discover that we have collected personal information from a person under 19, we will delete that information immediately. Please refer to our End User License Agreement and Terms of Service for additional information about age verification and eligibility.
Information We Collect
Upon registration with LIQR on the Website, a user profile is developed to further customize your experience. We collect and store in log files the information that you actively enter onto our online forms, such as:
- Date of Birth
- Delivery Phone Number
- Billing Phone Number
- Delivery Address and Postal Code
- Billing Address and Postal Code
Personal Identification Collected
In order for us to be able to provide the Services to you, you must provide us, as well as the retailers who will sell you the product (“Retailers”) and the persons who deliver the product to you (“Carriers”) with government-issued photo identification (preferably but necessarily a driver’s licence) (“ID”) to prove that you are who you say you are and that you are at least 19 years of age, and to confirm the information you provided to us when registering on the Website or App. When the Carriers arrive at your address, they will ask you for your ID. They will use a device that scans the bar code on your ID to collect your name, date of birth and the expiry date of the ID. Once we have confirmed your age and identity and that the scanned information corresponds with that you provided to LIQR, the scanned information will be deleted from LIQR’s records.
In addition, tracking information is collected and stored in log files as you navigate through the App or Website or use the other Services, including, but not limited to purchase history, delivery location history, and click tracking.
If you use the Services through your mobile device, we will collect your geo-location information so that we can determine to which retailer we should send your order for fulfillment. We will not share this information with third parties and will only use this information for the sole purpose of fulfilling your order. You may at any time stop the App from using your location by turning this function off on your mobile device.
Invitations to LIQR
If you choose to invite an individual to use the Services, you will need to provide his/her name and email address. LIQR stores this information to track the results of the invitation referrals. We use the address to send the invitation, but do not otherwise communicate with recipients unless they register and use the App.
Information We Collect Via the Website
If you wish to apply for a job on our Website we will collect personal information such as your name, email address, phone number and additional information such as your resume. We use the information collected within this area of the Website to determine your qualifications for the position in which you have applied and to contact you to set up an interview.
How We Use Your Information
To Provide the Services
We use the information that we collect from you to provide you with the Services, to support and enhance your use of the Services, to monitor which features of the Services are used most, to allow you to view your purchase history, to allow you to view any promotions we may currently be running, to allow you to rate purchases and to determine which features we need to focus on improving. If you choose to provide us with personal information, that information may be transferred to and stored on servers located in Canada.
If you download the App but the Services are not yet available in your geographic location, you will have the option to provide us with your email address and postal code so that we may notify you when the Services become available in your geographic location. If you choose to provide us with this information, we will use it solely for this notification purpose.
We also use usage patterns and geographic locations to determine to which retailer we should send a user’s order for fulfillment and where we should offer or focus services, features and/or resources. We may also track your past purchases to provide you with a personalized profile of your shopping history. In addition, LIQR may notify you about new services or special promotional programs, or send you offers or information.
We use the device information collected so that we are able to serve you the correct application version depending on your device type and for troubleshooting.
We use Non-Personally Identifiable Information (as defined below) in the aggregate, so that we can improve the Website and for business and administrative purposes. “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” means information that may correspond to a particular person, account or profile, but that is not sufficient to identify, contact or locate the person to whom such information pertains. We may also use or share with third parties for any purpose aggregated data that does not contain personally identifiable information.
By creating an account with LIQR through the Software, you consent to receive Content from LIQR. All Content is provided by LIQR. You understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you hereby agree to waive and do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against LIQR App in this respect.
Diagnose Website Problems
LIQR uses your Internet Protocol (IP) address to help diagnose problems with our computer server, and to administer the Website. Your IP address is used to gather broad demographic data. Your IP address contains no personal information about you.
We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
We will send you a welcome email to the address you provide at registration to verify your username and password. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your account. We will communicate with you by email or telephone, in accordance with your wishes.
Targeted or Behavioral Advertising
Targeted advertising (also known as Behavioral Advertising) uses information collected on an individual’s interactions with the Services, such as the pages they have visited, the searches they have made, the type of device they have used, their demographics or locations, or the orders they have placed. This information is then used to select which advertisement should be displayed to a particular individual via the Services. For example, if you have shown a preference for a type of beverage while using the Services, you may be served an advertisement via the Services relating to that type of beverage. We may share or sell aggregated demographic information about our user base, including information related to your use of the Services (e.g., how you interact with our App and Website, our partners and advertisers), your device type, UUID, purchase history, delivery location history, and click tracking, with third party advertisers for the purpose of selecting an appropriate audience for their advertisements, but only after either removing from such information anything that personally identifies you or combining it with other information so that it no longer personally identifies you. This information does not identify individual users by name, email or other contact information. If you would like to opt out of targeted advertising that occurs when using the Services, please contact us at legal@LIQR.com. Please note that this will opt you out of targeted ads delivered via the Services. If you opt out, you will continue to receive online advertising via the Services; however, these ads may not be as relevant to you.
Our Disclosure of Your Information We share information collected from or about you only as follows:
Retailers and Carriers
In order for Retailers to fulfill your order for product through our Services and in order for Carriers to deliver products to you, we will provide Retailers and Carriers with your name, address, phone number, and any other personal information that is required in order to ensure that the correct products are promptly delivered to you at the correct address and that you are notified quickly if there are any problems with the fulfillment or delivery of the product.
LIQR may share or sell aggregated demographic or other information about our user base that includes Non-Personally Identifying Information and log data (including how users interact with our App and Website), with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services. This information does not identify individual users by name, email or other contact information.
Third Party Service Providers
Payment/Credit Card Transactions
LIQR cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of LIQR or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Acquisition of LIQR
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information and Preferences If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our Service, or if you wish to update your preferences to receive email or other communications from us, you may correct, delete inaccuracies, or amend your personal information and preferences by making the change on our user information page or by emailing us at legal@LIQR.com. We will respond to your access request within 30 days. Please note that your friends and contacts may still choose to send email invitations to you. Any user who receives an email invitation to join the Service may choose not to receive such invitations in the future by following the instructions in the email invitations and, in addition, if you are a user, you may also choose not to receive such invitations by changing your preferences as indicated above. We will take commercially reasonable steps to implement your opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive communications from us for up to 30 days as we process your request.
Security All information we collect is securely stored within our database. We use standard, industry-wide, Payment Card Industry compliant, commercially reasonable security practices. However, as effective as encryption technology is, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet, and any information you transmit to LIQR you do at your own risk. We recommend that you use unique numbers, letters and special characters in your password and not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or personal information with others, you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. See License, Section 4 (Terms of Service) requiring that you keep your password secure and confidential, and License, Section 13 (Termination) providing that we may terminate your license to use the Services if you fail to comply with this requirement. If your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify LIQR and change your password.
Public Forums Our Website may offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used for any purpose by others who access them. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable or other information you choose to submit in these areas. To request removal of your personal information from our blogs or community forums, contact us at legal@LIQR.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Contact us by email at “legal@LIQR.com” or by postal mail addressed to LIQR Canada Inc.
LIQR Canada Inc.:
5708 176 St
BC, V3S 4C8
LIQR CANADA INC. MOBILE APPLICATION USER LICENSE AND TERMS OF SERVICE
BY ACCESSING, INSTALLING AND USING THE “LIQR” MOBILE APPLICATION (THE “APP”) OR USING OR RECEIVING ANY SERVICES SUPPLIED TO YOU BY LIQR (THE “SERVICES”), YOU REPRESENT TO US THAT YOU ARE:
(I) AT LEAST 19 YEARS OF AGE; AND
(II) LEGALLY COMPETENT TO ENTER INTO AND AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE.
YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT LIQR IS NOT ENGAGED IN OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SALE, SERVICE, TRANSPORTATION OR DELIVERY OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS, INSTALL OR USE THE APP OR THE SERVICES.
YOU MAY CONTACT US REGARDING THE APP OR THIS LICENSE AT: LIQR CANADA, INC., 5708 176 St Surrey BC, V3S 4C8, OR BY EMAIL TO LEGAL@LIQR.COM.
1. Acknowledgement. LIQR and you, the end-user of the App and the Services, acknowledge that this License is entered into by and between LIQR and you and not with Apple, Inc. (“Apple”). Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge that Apple and its subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of this License and that Apple has the right (and is deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this License. LIQR, not Apple, is solely responsible for the App and any content contained therein. You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App. You and we acknowledge that in the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price, if any, for the App to you. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App, and will have no responsibility for any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty. You and we acknowledge that Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims made by you or any third party relating to the App or your possession and/or use of the App, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the app fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation. You and we acknowledge that in the event of any third party claim that the App, or your possession or use of the App, infringes such third party’s intellectual property rights, Apple will not be responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such claim. You acknowledge that you must comply with any applicable third party terms of agreement when using the App. You acknowledge that you have reviewed the App Store Terms and Conditions (located online at http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html#APPS). Capitalized terms not defined herein shall have the meanings set forth in the App Store Terms and Conditions. Your use of the App must comply with the App Store Terms and Conditions. To the extent the other terms and conditions of this License are less restrictive than, or otherwise conflict with, the terms and conditions of this paragraph or the App Store Terms and Conditions, the more restrictive or conflicting terms and conditions in this paragraph or the App Store Terms and Conditions apply, but solely with respect to the App from the Apple App Store.
2. License Grant. LIQR hereby grants to you, subject to the terms and conditions of this License, a personal, nonexclusive, non-transferable, limited license (without the right to sublicense) to access and use the Services and the App (including updates and upgrades that replace or supplement it in any respect and which are not distributed with a separate license, and any documentation) for your personal use on a mobile device that you own or control, subject to the limitations set forth below. This License does not permit you to install or use the App on a mobile device that you do not own or control and you may not distribute or make the App available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices at the same time. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by LIQR.
3. Use of the App.
(a) You are responsible for providing the mobile device, wireless service plan, software, Internet connections and/or other equipment or services that you need to download, install and use the App or the Services. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE APP OR THE SERVICES CAN BE ACCESSED AND USED ON ANY PARTICULAR DEVICE OR WITH ANY PARTICULAR SERVICE PLAN. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE APP OR THE SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE IN, OR THAT ORDERS FOR PRODUCTS CAN BE PLACED FROM, ANY PARTICULAR GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION. As part of the Services and to update you regarding the status of deliveries, you may receive push notifications, local client notifications, text messages, picture messages, alerts, emails or other types of messages directly sent to you outside or inside the App (“Push Messages”). You acknowledge that, when you use the App or the Services, your wireless service provider may charge you fees for data, text messaging and/or other wireless access, including in connection with Push Messages. You have control over the Push Messages settings and can opt in or out of these Push Messages through the Services or through your mobile device’s operating system (with the possible exception of infrequent, important service announcements and administrative messages). Please check with your wireless service provider to determine what fees apply to your access to and use of the App or the Services, including your receipt of Push Messages from LIQR. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FEE, COST OR EXPENSE THAT YOU INCUR TO DOWNLOAD, INSTALL AND/OR USE THE APP OR THE SERVICES ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICE, INCLUDING FOR YOUR RECEIPT OF PUSH MESSAGES FROM LIQR.
(b) The App provides an electronic platform for the purpose of connecting consumers to selected retailer(s) who engage in the sale, service, delivery and/or transportation of alcoholic beverages (“Retailer(s)”), and to the alcohol transportation and delivery service provider(s) of such Retailer(s) (“Carrier(s)”). All orders placed through the App or the Services are accepted, reviewed, and ultimately fulfilled by the applicable Retailer(s). All alcoholic beverage sales and/or alcohol transportation and delivery services through the App or the Services are solely transacted between you and the applicable Retailer(s) and/or Carrier(s). LIQR itself does not provide or sell alcoholic beverages or alcohol transportation services and is not a licensed alcohol transportation carrier or Retailer.
(c) No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between LIQR and any business or third party as a result of this License or use of the App or the Services. LIQR shall not be liable for any sale, service, transportation, delivery, or alcohol purchasing services provided by third parties. LIQR is not a vendor or co-vendor of any goods and/or services.
4. Terms of Service.
(a) You agree that:
(i) you will not use the App or the Services if you are not fully able and legally competent to agree to the terms of this License;
(ii) you will only use the App or the Services for lawful purposes;
(iii) you will not use the App or the Services for sending or storing any unlawful material or for fraudulent purposes or to engage in any illegal, offensive, indecent or objectionable conduct,
(iv) you will not use the App or the Services to advertise, solicit or transmit commercial advertisements, including “spam”;
(v) you will not use the App or the Services to cause nuisance, annoyance or inconvenience;
(vi) you will not impair the proper operation of the network,
(vii) you will not try to harm the App or the Services in any way whatsoever;
(viii) you will not copy, or distribute the App or the Services or other content without written permission from LIQR;
(ix) you will only use the App or the Services for your own use and will not resell it to a third party;
(x) you will keep secure and confidential your account password or any identification we provide you which allows access to the App or the Services;
(xi) you will only use an access point or 3G data account (AP) which you are authorized to use; (xii) you will provide us with whatever proof of identity we may reasonably request;
(xiii) any Retailer may decline your delivery request for any reason; and (xv) a non-refundable $20 restocking fee (“Restocking Fee”) will be automatically charged to you if your delivery has been declined for any reason.
(b) If you reside in a jurisdiction which restricts the use of the App or the Services because of age, or restricts the ability to enter into agreements such as this one due to age, you must abide by such age limits and you must not use the App or the Services if you do not meet or exceed such limits. Without limiting the foregoing, the App or the Services are not available to persons under the age of 19. By using the App or the Services, you expressly represent and warrant that you are at least 19 years of age and legally entitled to enter into this License.
(c) You understand that by using the App or any of the Services, you may encounter content that may be deemed offensive, indecent, or objectionable, which content may or may not be identified as having explicit language, and that the results of any search or entering of a particular URL may automatically and unintentionally generate links or references to objectionable material. Nevertheless, you agree to use the App and the Services at your sole risk and that LIQR shall not have any liability to you for content that may be found to be offensive, indecent, or objectionable.
(d) LIQR makes no representation as to any laws, rules or regulations of any jurisdiction regarding the sale, service, transportation or delivery of alcoholic beverages to a customer/consumer, including you.
(e) Anti-Spam. You agree to comply with Canada’s “Anti-Spam Legislation” (“CASL”) in any interactions that you have with LIQR or through use of the App or the Services. You agree that you will not provide LIQR with any other individual’s personal information, including but not limited to their email address, unless (i) they are at least 19 years of age and you have their prior consent to do so or (ii) they are at least 19 years of age, you have a family or personal relationship with them, and you are providing only their email address. You have a family relationship with another individual if you are related to them through a marriage, common-law partnership or any legal parent-child relationship and have had direct, voluntary, two-way communication with them. In order to be deemed to have a personal relationship with another individual, you must have had, at a minimum, a direct, voluntary, two-way communication with that person. It is not sufficient to be a “friend” of that individual on a social media site such as Facebook without any additional direct communication with that individual. In the event that you provide LIQR with an email address for an individual with whom you do not have a family or personal relationship, LIQR reserves the right to terminate your use of the App and the Services or to take any other steps necessary to ensure that no further violations of this License occur.
(f) LIQR shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the terms set forth in this License or to comply with applicable laws. LIQR explicitly reserves the right to refuse access to the App or the Services at any time without notice for your failure to abide by the terms as set forth in this License or to comply with applicable laws.
5. Fees and Offers. Any fees which LIQR may charge you for the App or the Services are due immediately. When you initiate a transaction via the App or the Services, LIQR’s third party payment processor will charge your credit or debit card for the amount of the Restocking Fee. The remaining balance will be processed after the Retailer verifies your ID and that the name on your ID matches the name on your account and the name on your credit or debit card. A Retailer may decline an order for any reason. If your order is declined, you will receive a full refund less the Restocking Fee. LIQR and the Retailers reserve the right to determine final pricing. The pricing information published on the website may not reflect the prevailing pricing. LIQR, at its sole discretion, may make promotional offers with different features and different rates to any customer. These promotional offers, unless made to you, shall have no bearing whatsoever on your offer or contract. LIQR may change the fees for the App or the Services in our sole discretion.
6. Personal Identification. When the delivery arrives, you will provide the Carrier(s) with any personal identification that they may request, including but not limited to personal identification issued by a federal, provincial or state government (“ID”) that proves that you are 19 years of age or over and, if such ID was not issued by the jurisdiction in which such delivery occurs, upon request, you will provide such other form(s) of identification as may be requested by the Retailer(s) or Carrier(s). It is the responsibility of each Retailer, its Carrier(s) and its employees to verify your credit or debit card and ID. The credit or debit card you use for the Services MUST be presented to the Carrier when they arrive at your door, and the name on such credit or debit card MUST match the name of the ID presented to the Carrier at the door AND the name of your account with LIQR.
7. Indemnification. You will defend, indemnify and hold LIQR, its licensors and their respective parent organizations, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, members, employees, attorneys and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, costs, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of or in connection with: (a) your violation or breach of any term of this License or any applicable law or regulation; (b) your violation of any rights of any third party; (c) your use or misuse of the App or the Services; or (d) your negligence or willful misconduct.
8. User Requirements and Representations.
You hereby agree to the following:
- you will protect the App, the Services, and their proprietary content, information and other materials, from any unauthorized access or use;
- you will not use the App, the Services or other proprietary content, information or other materials owned by LIQR except as expressly permitted herein or expressly authorized in writing by LIQR
- you will not use the App or the Services in any manner to harass, abuse, stalk, threaten, defame or otherwise infringe or violate the rights of any other party;
- you will not directly or indirectly:
(a) distribute, sell, assign, encumber, transfer, rent, lease, loan, sublicense, modify, time-share or otherwise exploit the App or the Services in any unauthorized manner, including but not limited to by trespass or burdening network capacity;
(b) use the App or the Services in any service bureau arrangement;
(c) copy, reproduce, adapt, create derivative works of, translate, localize, port or otherwise modify the App or the Services, any updates, or any part thereof in any form or manner or by any means;
(d) remove or alter any copyright or other proprietary rights’ notice or restrictive rights legend contained or included in the App or the Services;
(e) decompile, disassemble, reverse compile, reverse assemble, reverse translate or otherwise reverse engineer the App, any updates, or any part thereof (except as and only to the extent any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law or to the extent as may be permitted by the licensing terms governing use of any open sourced components included with the App);
(f) use any means to discover the source code of the App or to discover the trade secrets in the App or the Services; or
(g) otherwise circumvent any functionality that controls access to or otherwise protects the App or the Services.
(a) Certain Services may display, include or make available content, data, information, applications or materials from third parties (“Third Party Materials”) or provide links to certain third party web sites. By using the App or the Services, you acknowledge and agree that LIQR is not responsible for examining or evaluating the content, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect of such Third Party Materials or web sites. LIQR does not warrant or endorse and does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person for any third-party services, Third Party Materials or web sites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third parties. Third Party Materials and links to other web sites are provided solely as a convenience to you. Location data provided by any services is for basic navigational purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon in situations where precise location information is needed or where erroneous, inaccurate or incomplete location data may lead to death, personal injury, property or environmental damage. Neither LIQR, nor any of its content providers, guarantees the availability, accuracy, completeness, reliability, or timeliness of stock information or location data displayed by any services.
(b) In addition, third party services and Third Party Materials that may be accessed from, displayed on or linked to from a mobile device are not available in all languages or in all countries. LIQR makes no representation that such services and Third Party Materials are appropriate or available for use in any particular location. To the extent you choose to access such services or Third Party Materials, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws, including but not limited to applicable local laws. LIQR, and its licensors, reserve the right to change, suspend, remove, or disable access to the App or the Services at any time without notice. In no event will LIQR be liable for the removal of or disabling of access to any such App or Services. LIQR may also impose limits on the use of or access to the App or to certain Services, in any case and without notice or liability.
11. Disclaimer of Warranties & Limitation of Liability.
YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE APP OR THE SERVICES ARE AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU.
LIQR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARASSING, THREATENING, DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL MESSAGES OR TRANSMISSIONS THAT YOU MAY RECEIVE AS A RESULT OF USING THE APP OR ANY OF THE SERVICES.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE APP AND THE SERVICES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY THIRD PARTY MATERIALS, THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE OR SERVICES) IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
LIQR HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE APP (INCLUDING THE USE, PERFORMANCE AND SUPPORT THEREOF) AND THE SERVICES, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (A) THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF: (1) MERCHANTABILITY, (2) SATISFACTORY QUALITY, (3) FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, (4) ACCURACY, (5) QUIET ENJOYMENT, (6) TITLE OR (7) NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, (8) INTERFERENCE WITH ENJOYMENT, (9) COMPLETENESS, (10) INTEGRATION, (11) FREEDOM FROM DEFECTS OR DISABLING DEVICES, (12) UNINTERRUPTED USE, AND (B) ALL WARRANTIES IMPLIED FROM ANY COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
LIQR DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (A) THE APP OR THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (B) OPERATION OF THE APP OR THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR VIRUS- OR ERROR-FREE, (C) THAT THE APP OR THE SERVICES WILL OPERATE OR BE COMPATIBLE WITH ANY OTHER APPLICATION OR ANY PARTICULAR SYSTEM OR DEVICE, (D) DEFECTS IN THE APP OR THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED OR (E) THAT THE APP WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR REINSTALLS ON THE SAME OR MULTIPLE DEVICES.
NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE PROVIDED BY LIQR OR ITS AUTHORIZED AGENT OR REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY.
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, YOU AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT WILL LIQR BE LIABLE FOR: (Y) DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES [INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE APP OR THE SERVICES]), HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER UNDER THIS LICENSE OR OTHERWISE, ARISING IN ANY WAY IN CONNECTION WITH THE APP, THE SERVICES OR THIS LICENSE AND WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) EVEN IF LIQR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, OR (Z) FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM, DEMAND OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS LICENSE OR THE DELIVERY, USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE APP OR THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY CLAIM, DEMAND OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM ANY TRANSACTION THROUGH THE SERVICES INITIATED OR COMPLETED BETWEEN YOU AND ANY RETAILER.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO ONE OR MORE OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
If, for any reason, a court finds Drizy liable for damages notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event shall LIQR’s total liability for all damages arising out of or in connection with the App, the Services or this License exceed the amount paid by you to LIQR for your use or receipt of the Services. The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose.
You agree that the above limitations of liability together with the other provisions in this License that limit liability are essential terms of this License and that LIQR would not be willing to grant you the rights set forth in this License but for your agreement to the above limitations of liability; you are agreeing to these limitations of liability to induce LIQR to grant you the rights set forth in this License.
(a) The App, the Services and their content, including their “look and feel” (e.g., text, graphics, images, logos), proprietary content, information and other materials, are protected under intellectual property, copyright, trademark and other laws. You acknowledge and agree that LIQR and/or its licensors own all right, title and interest in and to the App and the Services (including without limitation any and all patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, show-how, know-how and any and all other intellectual property rights therein or related thereto) and you agree not to take any action(s) inconsistent with such ownership interests. You do not acquire any rights or licenses under any of LIQR’s (or its licensors’) patents, patent applications, copyrights, trade secrets, trademarks or other intellectual property rights on account of this License.
(b) Any and all (i) suggestions for correction, change and modification to the App, the Services and other feedback (including but not limited to quotations of written or oral feedback), information and reports provided to LIQR by you (collectively “Feedback”), and all (ii) improvements, updates, modifications or enhancements, whether made, created or developed by LIQR or otherwise relating to the App or the Services (collectively, “Revisions”), are and will remain the property of LIQR. You acknowledge and expressly agree that any contribution of Feedback or Revisions does not and will not give or grant you any right, title or interest in the App, the Services or in any such Feedback or Revisions. All Feedback and Revisions become the sole and exclusive property of LIQR and LIQR may use and disclose Feedback and/or Revisions in any manner and for any purpose whatsoever without further notice or compensation to you and without retention by you of any proprietary or other right or claim. You hereby assign to LIQR any and all right, title and interest (including, but not limited to, any patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, show-how, know-how, moral rights and any and all other intellectual property right) that you may have in and to any and all Feedback and Revisions. At LIQR’s request, you will execute any document, registration or filing required to give effect to the foregoing assignment.
13. Modifications. We may modify this License at any time. Modifications become effective immediately upon your first access to or use of the App or the Services after the “Last Revised” date at the end of this License. Your continued access or use of the App or the Services after the modifications have become effective will be deemed your conclusive acceptance of the modified License. If you do not agree with the modifications, then please uninstall and do not access or use the App or the Services.
14. Termination. This License is effective until the earlier of the date that you uninstall the App, you fail to comply with any term of this License or LIQR terminates this License. LIQR may suspend or terminate your account(s) or cease providing you with the App or all or part of the Services at any time for any reason, with or without notice to you, including, but not limited to, if we reasonably believe: (i) you have violated this License, (ii) you create risk or possible legal exposure for us; or (iii) our provision of the App or the Services to you is no longer commercially viable. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you of such cessation or termination by the email address associated with your account(s) or the next time you attempt to access your account(s) or the App. Upon termination, you will cease all use of the App and the Services and will destroy all copies (full or partial) of the App in your possession or control. Termination will not limit any of LIQR’s other rights or remedies at law or in equity. This Section 13 along with Sections 6, 8, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18 and 19 shall survive termination or expiration of this License for any reason.
15. Export Laws. You agree that you will not export or re-export, directly or indirectly the App, the Services and/or other information or materials provided by LIQR hereunder, to any country for which the United States or any other relevant jurisdiction requires any export license or other governmental approval at the time of export without first obtaining such license or approval. In particular, but without limitation, the App or the Services may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S. embargoed countries or any country that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country, or (b) to anyone listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties, including the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using the App or the Services, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons. You are responsible for and hereby agree to comply at your sole expense with all applicable United States export laws and regulations.
16. U.S. Government Restricted Rights. The App and related documentation are “Commercial Items”, as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of “Commercial Computer Software” and “Commercial Computer Software Documentation”, as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein.
17. Taxes. You are solely responsible for any and all duties, taxes, levies or fees (including any sales, use or withholding taxes) imposed on or in connection with this License by any authority.
18. Injunctive Relief. You agree that a breach of this License will cause irreparable injury to LIQR for which monetary damages would not be an adequate remedy and LIQR shall be entitled to seek equitable relief in addition to any remedies it may have hereunder or at law without a bond, other security or proof of damages.
19. Dispute Resolution – Arbitration, No Class Actions. ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THIS LICENSE OR THE SERVICES WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION, RATHER THAN IN COURT, except that you may assert claims in small claims court if your claims qualify. The U.S. Federal Arbitration Act and American federal arbitration law apply to this License.
If you do not want to arbitrate disputes with LIQR and you are an individual, you may opt out of this arbitration agreement by sending an email to legal@LIQR.com within thirty (30) days of the earlier of the day you first access or use the App and the day you first receive any of the Services.
THERE IS NO JUDGE OR JURY IN ARBITRATION, AND COURT REVIEW OF AN ARBITRATION AWARD IS LIMITED. HOWEVER, AN ARBITRATOR CAN AWARD ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS THE SAME DAMAGES AND RELIEF AS A COURT (INCLUDING INJUNCTIVE AND DECLARATORY RELIEF OR STATUTORY DAMAGES), AND MUST FOLLOW THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE AS A COURT WOULD.
If you intend to seek arbitration you must first send written notice to LIQR’s Customer Service Center of your intent to arbitrate (“Notice”). The Notice to LIQR should be sent by any of the following means: (i) electronic mail to legal@LIQR.com; or (ii) sending the Notice by U.S. Postal Service certified mail to LIQR, Inc., Attn: Customer Service Center, 9 Peckham Hill Road, Sherborn, MA 01770. The Notice must (x) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (y) set forth the specific relief sought. If we do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 30 days after the notice is received, you or LIQR may commence an arbitration proceeding. The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its rules as modified by this License, including the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes. The AAA’s rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. The number of arbitrators shall be one. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, including the scope of this arbitration clause, but the arbitrator is bound by the terms of this License. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA’s rules. We will reimburse all AAA filing, administration and arbitrator fees paid by you for claims totalling less than $10,000, unless the arbitrator determines that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought is improper or not warranted, as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b), in which case the payment of all such fees shall be governed by the AAA Rules. In such case, you agree to reimburse LIQR for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. LIQR will not seek attorneys’ fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines the claim or the relief sought is improper or not warranted. You may choose to have the arbitration conducted by telephone, based on written submissions, or in person in the county where you live or at another mutually agreed location. The arbitration will be conducted in the English language. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator, and not any federal, state, or local court, shall have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, unconscionability, arbitrability, enforceability, or formation of this arbitration agreement, including any claim that all or any part of this arbitration agreement is void or voidable. However, the preceding sentence shall not apply to the paragraph below.
WE EACH AGREE THAT ANY DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEEDINGS WILL BE CONDUCTED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION. Further, you agree that the arbitrator may not consolidate proceedings or more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding, and that if this specific proviso is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this arbitration clause shall be null and void. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration we EACH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL. We also both agree that you or we may bring suit in court for injunctive relief, including to enjoin infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights.
This License may not be modified by you.
This License will inure to the benefit of and will be binding upon each party’s heirs, successors and assigns.
This License and the licenses granted hereunder may be assigned by LIQR but may not be assigned by you without the prior express written consent of LIQR.
If any provision hereof is or becomes, at any time or for any reason, unenforceable or invalid, no other provision hereof will be affected thereby and the remaining provisions will continue with the same effect as if such unenforceable or invalid provisions had not been inserted herein.
It is expressly understood that in the event either party on any occasion fails to perform any term hereof and the other party does not enforce that term, the failure to enforce on any occasion will not constitute a waiver of any term and will not prevent enforcement on any other occasion.
Nothing contained in this License will be deemed to constitute either party as the agent or representative of the other party or both parties as joint venturers or partners for any purpose.
In the event that either party is prevented from performing, or is unable to perform, any of its obligations under this License due to any cause beyond the reasonable control of the party invoking this provision, the affected party’s performance will be extended for the period of delay or inability to perform due to such occurrence.
The headings and captions contained herein will not be considered to be part of the License but are for convenience only.
The laws of the Province of British Columbia, excluding its conflicts of law rules, govern this License and your use of the App and the Services.